Friday, July 3, 2009

A Video Tribute to Michael Jackson (1958-2009)

This is a great video of Michael Jackson singing the song “Smile” by Charlie Chaplin. I did not know about him singing this piece until I heard his brother Jermaine mention it in a TV interview this week. Jermaine Jackson attempted to sing the song, but choked up after singing the first line. No doubt, any grieving family member would have gotten choked up also.

This heart warming video is a great tribute to the memory of Michael Jackson and is very appropriate to commemorate his life as the world mourns his recent passing. The video features the adult Michael Jackson singing and playing the piano while an image of a child Michael Jackson moves and dances at the door of the room. Also included in this video while the song “Smile” is being sung are still photos and video from various moments of Michael Jackson’s life.

Enjoy!
=============================
Smile – Michael Jackson

3 comments:

my Heritage Happens said...

Thanks for sharing this Dru, I enjoyed it very much.

Robyn said...

That was really beautiful thank you SO much fr sharing that. I hadn't ever seen it or heard of it. A wonderful tribute. His song "Childhood" makes me sad as well since it's the most autobiographical song he ever wrote...

Anonymous said...

Dear Dru,

Thank you so very much for this memorable Michael Jackson Tribute.
I did not know that this music video "Smile" by MJ existed.

I do indeed extend my sympahies to his beautiful children and the entire Jackson Family.

Again, thanks!!! this is truly appreciated.

Pam