Thursday, July 23, 2009

International Black Genealogy Summit

I’m looking forward to attending and speaking at the International Black Genealogy Summit that will be held October 29-31, 2009 in Fort Wayne, IN. The theme of the conference will be “Reconnecting Lost Links.”

My lecture will be entitled “The Power of Blogging” and will demonstrate the basics of blogging, ranging from the technical aspects of blog creation, publishing and upkeep, to ways to steer traffic to a blog.

Not only do I look forward to presenting at this conference and learning new things from the other workshops, but I also anticipate meeting other researchers from around the world. Some of the attendees will be researchers whom I’ve met at other genealogy conferences. Some will be researchers whom I have met online and others will be researchers whom I will meet for the first time.

For a list and description of the speakers and workshops for the International Black Genealogy Summit, download the IBGS Speaker Summaries.

2 comments:

A. Spence said...

Why are all the conferences so far from me?? i swear, they need to have one in Jacksonville, FL :P

geneabloggers said...

Congratulations Dru! I've listed your presentation at our new Geneablogger Speaker Appearances page. Let me know if you have any other apearances you want listed