Sunday, April 3, 2022

I Found My Folks on the 1950 Census!

 


Whew! Earlier today, I found the last ancestor of my 11 ancestors (click here to see who I was looking for) on the census who were alive in 1950. This includes my parents, all four grandparents, four great-grandparents, and one great-great-great grandparent. I had to use a variety of tools: Steve Morse Enumeration District Finder, NARA census search toolMyHeritage, and Ancestry's district finder and 1950 census images. Thanks to all of you who posted info about census availability and updates on the various sites during the past few days. Will post more about my findings later. 


According to oral history, my great grandfather Robert Moore of Greensville County, Virginia spent his elder years living with his youngest son, Samuel, and sometimes his youngest daughter, Della. The 1950 census confirms that he was living with his youngest son, Samuel when it was recorded. This is the last census in which Grandpa Robert will appear since he died in 1955.  The first census he appeared was 1870 when he was listed as age one, and living with his parents Washington and Ellen Moore.


No comments: