Monday, November 9, 2009

Unleashing the Inner Afrocentric-Wearing African Attire

Many of the conference attendees of the International Black Genealogy Summit "unleashed their inner afrocentric" by dressing in various African styles during the conference activities. Darlene, one of my faithful blog readers, whom I met for the first time at this conference, wore this beautiful African styled ensemble with a bright yellow head wrap on Saturday.


Darlene is beautifully dressed in brown/tan/yellow earthtone colors with a dark brown short sleeve shirt and a earthtone colored wrap skirt. The bright yellow head wrap brings out the colors in her blouse and skirt.

Here is a back view of Darlene's head wrap. I sat about two rows behind her in the "Genealogy File and Time Management" workshop conducted by Shelley Murphy.

***************



"I like your head wrap,"

I said to Darlene after the workshop ended.



"I got the idea from your blog,"
she told me.

As a blogger, that made me feel good to know that my blog posting had positively influenced someone. I recognized the style of Darlene's head wrap from a video I had viewed on YouTube , however, I did not post that particular video on my blog. I did, however, post three videos on "How to Tie an African Head Wrap". It was these videos that gave Darlene the idea of wearing a head wrap and African attire to the conference.


"After reading your blog, I searched for more videos and found the
TheTonyaTkoShow ," Darlene also told me.


She wore the head wrap style demonstrated by Tonya in the video below.


3 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Afrocentric: Parts2: Head Wrap







For other Afrocentric videos by TheTonyaTkoShow , visit the links below.

  • 3 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Afrocentric: Part1. Dress



  • 3 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Afrocentric: Part3. Ethnic Jewelry
  • No comments: