Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kreativ Blog Award

I am honored to be one of the recipients of the another “Kreativ Award.” Earlier this year, I also received this award. Many thanks for my current nomination go to my fellow Bloggers: Cheryl of Heritage Happens, Russ of Heritage Happens, Mavis of Heritage Happens, and Felicia of Our Family As A Whole, and Darlene of My Colored Rootsfor selecting me for this award.

As a recepient of this award, I am required to write seven things about myself.

  1. My favorite Microsoft Office software is PowerPoint.
  2. I have a weakness for chocolate and other sweetness.
  3. I learned to play the Viola (like a violin) in 6th grade, and played though my sophomore year in college. I hope to begin playing again one day.
  4. My favorite fruit is banana.
  5. My favorite color if Fushia.
  6. Besides genealogy, I also like to read, travel, and crochet.
  7. I am a Genea-Holic and am proud of it!!!!!!
  8. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.
I have added the "Kreativ Blogger Award" logo to my blog and have also placed links to the person(s) who gave me this award in this posting.

Additionally, as a recipient of this award, I am required to nominate seven other blogs. Below, is a list of my nominations for the “Kreativ Blogger Award.”
  1. Steve’s Genealogy Blog by Stephen Danko

  2. Life From The Roots by Barbara Poole

  3. African Roots Podcast by Angela Walton-Raji

  4. The Blessedness of Believing by Linda Meadows

  5. Genealogy – Photograph – Restoration by George Geder

  6. Genealogy Tip of the Day by Michael John Neill

  7. The Professional Descendnt by The Professional Descendant

Finally, I will leave comments on each of these blogs.

Thanks again to Cheryl, Russ, Mavis, Felicia, and Darlene for your nominations. I am honored to be included in a group of such Great Bloggers.

7 comments:

Renate Yarborough Sanders said...

Dru, I think you mentioned something to me before about you playing the viola. I wish I'd remembered that, because I would have invited you to the solo concert my daughter gave last Saturday night at St. Cyprian's. You probably would have enjoyed it!
If you haven't already seen my Sentimental Sunday post from last week, you can check it out here. http://tinyurl.com/yj9pjxj This was just one piece that she played and dedicated to me. Enjoy!

Renate

Mavis said...

Wow, I learned to play the viola in 6th grade, too.

Professor Dru said...

Mavis,

Do you play anymore?

Professor Dru said...

Mavis, how many years did you play?

Professor Dru said...

Renate, will your daughter have a Christmas concert? If so, email me the date and time.

Renate Yarborough Sanders said...

Hey again. Oh my, no! One big concert like that is enough for awhile!...LOL. I just got back from Richmond attending an ensemble performance (Brahms Trio with french horn and piano) and will be headed back up on Wednesday, when she will perform the Kabalevsky Concerto with the orchestra. I will definitely keep you in mind if she gives anymore performances in this area. :)

Mavis said...

I only played for a year. My dad was a band director when the schools were still segregated. So band was bigger on his radar than orchestra. As soon as I hit 7th grade, he had me in band playing the saxophone. The viola was sold to neighbor / friend. I loved band too but at the time I really wanted to stay in orchestra.