Friday, November 13, 2009

The Beginning Genealogist Website and Videos


In response to a myriad of questions that she has received from persons who are just getting started researching their family history, Angela Walton-Raji of African Roots Podcast has created a new website and videos called The Beginning Genealogist.

Videos created for new genealogists can be viewed either from the The Beginning Genealogist website or from the AYWalton YouTube channel.

Thank you, Angela, for taking the time to create this Beginner Genealogist website and videos.

9 comments:

Randy Seaver said...

Excellent work by Angela. It looks and feels really good.

Will highlight your post on my blog.

Felicia R Mathis said...

Just Nominated you blog for a Kreativ Blogger Award. Go to My Nola Heritage or Our Family as A Whole .com to pick up your award

Barbara Poole said...

Dru, thanks for posting it. Have you been in contact with her? What a great speaking voice she has. Great that Randy is going to highlight it.

Professor Dru said...

Barbara,

Yes, I stay in contact with Angela. I saw her at the conference a few weeks ago.

We also participate in an online genealogy chat through the week.

Professor Dru said...

Felicia,

Thanks for the nomination.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your wonderful words of encouragement and support. The site grew out of a number of beginning questions that I often get pertaining to just how to begin the entire genealogical process, and everyday there is someone who is a beginning genealogist. If there are ideas that you think that I would focus on, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Again, thank you all.

Cousin Russ said...

Professor Dru,

You can pick up the new Kreativ Blogger Award at My Headstone Collection
http://headstonecollection.blogspot.com/2009/11/kreativ-blogger-award-thank-you-dr-bill.html

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Russ

my Heritage Happens said...

I too awarded you the Kreativ Blogger Award! Come and get it at Heritage Happens!

Darlene said...

I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award. I know you have had it already. But I don't see in the rules you can't get it again.