Saturday, March 28, 2009

Twitter Cheat Sheet

Last Sunday night, I became a Tweep or Twit. In Twitter language, that means I became a Twitter user. Everyday this week one of my coworkers and I have been exploring this system. Read more about why we began using Twitter.

As of 2:56 PM, EST, I am following 45 other Tweeps, have sent 30 tweets, and have 23 followers.

Today, I received a message from Geneabloggers that included a Twitter Cheat Sheet. I thought I’d share it with my blog audience. Thanks to Thomas McEntee for developing this cheat sheet and for sharing it with others.

3 comments:

footnoteMaven said...

I love Twitter!

I wish every Geneablogger would Tweet when they added a new post complete with the #genealogy hashtag.

I have TweetDeck set to notify me of #genealogy #oldphotos. I click on the link and open them in a new tab in Firefox. Ready to read on the actual blog site instead of a reader.

I like this so much better than my blog reader.

-fM

Professor Dru said...

I'm still learning. I'll have to try out hashtags and TweetDeck.

Thanks for sharing.

geneabloggers said...

ProfessorDru - thanks so much for the shoutout! I developed the cheat sheet since many genealogists are new to Twitter - when I find one to follow, I send them a "thank you" message after they follow me back and include a link to the cheat sheet.