Monday, April 6, 2009

The Excitement of Meeting Online Friends


In October 2007, I attended a genealogy conference in the Boston, MA area. I knew that my online friend Barbara lived in the area. She and I took a Family Tree Maker class in 2006 and since that time, our class has continued communicating through our website on MyFamily.com. Several members of our group have visited Boston and met with Barbara while in the area. It was quite exciting to see photos of their visits on our website.

The Sunday after the conference, Barbara and I met at the Burlington Mall for about an hour or so. It was great hearing her voice as opposed to just reading her postings. We took several pictures, but I only recently had them developed because I misplaced the disposable camera.

In October 2009, I plan to attend a genealogy conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Many of my new online genealogy friends will also be attending and I am looking forward to meeting them face to face and taking many pictures. The best thing of all will is being able to share these photos on my blog and other websites such as MyFamily.com and Facebook.

2 comments:

my Heritage Happens said...

This is fun to share! I think I have seen it before! :-) Looking forward to more that you will share!

Melanie said...

I LOVE seeing these photos! Thanks for sharing your special meeting with us. Can't wait for the next one!