Friday, February 4, 2011

Gearing Up for Season Two of WDYTYA

I hope that genealogists everywhere are gearing up for tonight's start of Season Two of the Who Do You Think You Are television series which airs on NBC this at 8 p.m. I am especially excited about seeing what actress and former Miss America, Vanessa Williams, learns about her great great grandfather’s Civil War career during her visit to the National Archives in Washington, DC. How amazing it is that she found a photo of her ancestor in his pension file. I look forward to visiting the National Archives soon to read through the pension file of my newly adopted USCT soldier, Madison Lewis. I'm also looking forward to the online discussions and analysis of this first episode.

Below is a clip of Vanessa's discovery of the pension file of her ancestor. I look forward to having a similar type of experience soon.


2 comments:

Mavis said...

Drusilla, I'm so looking forward to this episode.

DearMYRTLE said...

Thanks Professor Dru, for posting the link to NBC's archived Who Do You Think You Are? shows.