Saturday, August 14, 2010

I’m Gonna Be on TV Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am elated and honored to announce that I will be on TV again to discuss genealogy. The last time was in 2006 when I appeared in a segment about DNA on a local news channel. This interview was also about genealogy and my story was incorporated into part one of a two-part series about DNA. Through watching the entire segment, I learned about DNA for genealogical purposes and afterwards ordered my first DNA kit a few weeks after this segment aired.

This time, I will be a guest on a show called Another View. This opportunity is the result of an upcoming joint workshop I will be conducting with poet Nathan Richardson at a local festival on Saturday, September 11th. Nathan attended a genealogy workshop that I conducted this past June and during my presentation where he got the idea about joining forces to present a two-part workshop on oral history storytelling through poetry song and spirituality and genealogy. During that workshop in June, I mentioned the role of oral history in genealogy throughout the presentation.

And so on Thursday, August 19th, Nathan and I will be interviewed by Journalist and the show's host Barbara Hamm Lee. The interview will be aired on Friday night at 9:00 p.m. EST on our local PBS station, WHRO. It will also be available for viewing online sometime after it airs on TV.

I will post more about this television appearance and about the September workshop in future blog postings.

It is my pleasure to have this opportunity to present a workshop and to appear as a guest on the show Another View with Mr. Nathan Richardson, Poet, Author, Master of the Spoken Word and owner of Spiritual Concept Publishing.

Witness Nathan’s gift of the spoken word in action shown in the videos below.


The Age Every Girl Wants to Be


Wedding Poem


4 comments:

Angela Y. Walton-Raji said...

Congratulations, Professor Dru! Let us know when the streaming video is online!!

Greta Koehl said...

This is great news - congratulations! Of course, we already knew you were a star...

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing all about it.

Anonymous said...

Right On, Professor Dru!

Looking forward to that streaming video!

Peace,
"Guided by the Ancestors"