Saturday, June 5, 2010

Reflections On Writing About Uncle Andy B. This Week

Today, I pause to reflect on my accomplishments this week in my marathon writing analysis of documents collected on my Uncle Andy B. Sometimes we can see our research clearer when we write it out and this is exactly what happened each day as I wrote about a particular document I had collected on my uncle. When I first began this endeavor, it seemed like I didn’t know much about this uncle, but now after six postings this week, and more to come, I feel like I know a lot more than I originally thought.

First Accomplishment
It was very difficult to write the first few days and it felt like I was starting a new exercise plan or diet. However, as the days progressed, it because easier to write and the words flowed more freely as I adjusted to my new writing routine.

Second Accomplishment
A second accomplishment this week was that I wrote and posted blog articles for seven days in a row (including today).

Third Accomplishment
A third accomplishment is that I discovered that I already had information in my email on where to order newspaper obituaries for Queens, NY where Uncle Andy B. lived in his later life and died. The information was acquired in 2006 and 2008, but I forgot I had it. (Shame on me!) Nevertheless, this week, I mailed in my request for Uncle Andy B’s newspaper obituary as well as the one for his wife.

I’m looking forward to completing this writing analysis as well as discovering other new avenues for research on Uncle Andy B.

Stay Tuned... Coming Up! Professor Dru Discovers Uncle Andy B's Social Security Application

No comments: