Friday, September 25, 2009

Hampton, the Birthplace of Black America?


I am looking forward to attending the celebration of the 390th anniversary of the arrival of the first Africans to America on tomorrow, September 26, 2009.

History books indicate that the first Africans arrived to America at Jamestown. However, Hampton History Enthusiast, Calvin Pearson says that Hampton is the birthplace of black America. (Read more on this story)

Stay tuned…I will report more about this historical celebration next week.

2 comments:

Renate Yarborough Sanders said...

Hey Dru,
I sorry (and saddened) that I won't be able to make it, but I'll be giving the LSAT at HU and I won't get out until right as the event is ending. Looking forward to pictures and updates about the occasion. Have fun!

Professor Dru said...

Nadasue,

Sorry you won't make it to the event. Hope to see you at another local event.